Chicken And Asparagus Stir Fry
Updated: Feb 21, 2021
Total Time: 30 minutes
This quick chicken and asparagus stir fry made with chicken breast, fresh lemon, garlic and ginger is the perfect fast weeknight dish.
· 1 1/2 pounds skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
· Kosher salt, to taste
· 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
· 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium shoyu or soy sauce
· 2 teaspoons cornstarch
· 2 tablespoons water
· 1 tbsp canola or grape seed oil, divided
· 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces
· 6 cloves garlic, chopped
· 1 tbsp fresh ginger
· 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
· fresh black pepper, to taste
1. Lightly season the chicken with salt.
2. In a small bowl, combine chicken broth and soy sauce.
3. In a second small bowl combine the cornstarch and water and mix well to combine.
4. Heat a large non-stick wok over medium-high heat, when hot add 1 teaspoon of the oil, then add the asparagus and cook until tender-crisp, about 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Add the garlic and ginger and cook until golden, about 1 minute. Set aside.
6. Increase the heat to high, then add 1 teaspoon of oil and half of the chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side.
7. Remove and set aside and repeat with the remaining oil and chicken. Set aside.
8. Add the soy sauce mixture; bring to a boil and cook about 1-1/2 minutes.
9. Add lemon juice and cornstarch mixture and stir well, when it simmers return the chicken and asparagus to the wok and mix well, remove from heat and serve.